Wednesday 10 August 2011

Horse Hugs

Evening everyone!

What a beautiful day today down here in Devon.  It's amazing how the sun makes us all feel so much happier!!
Here is a card I am really pleased with, I made it for my friends daughter Molly, who is now 10.  She loves horses and riding, her present from her Mum and Dad was a week at riding school last week it really is what she loves.

I have deliberately left it with no sentiment or personalisation as I know she likes to keep them up in her room when I make her horse cards.


The stamp is from a Kanban set bought from crafty devils on a recent trip.  Coloured with pro markers, green paper from a digi kit, pink spotty/floral paper from and K&Co 5x7 pad.  Everything else from stash with punched flowers.

I had a surprise today when I went into a lovely little shop in a local town and saw some handmade cards on a carousel.  This shop sells lots of Emma Bridgewater and Gisella Graham items (very lovely things!!).  The cards weren't a surprise but the price of them.  Small cards prob 5x5" very simple one stamped image no colouring a bit of matting and layering £4.95.  Now there was nothing wrong with the card I would be pleased to sell it but I think i would only charge someone £1 for a card of the same type.  Totally amazed, wonder if they sell many?
Thanks for looking.

Lynsey xx

1 comment:

coops said...

beautiful card lynsey.i love the sweet image and your colours are gorgeous :D
cor blimey nearly £5 for a card, i struggle to sell mine for £1.50.
i think a lot depends on the area you live in though.

xx coops xx