Tuesday 7 July 2009

Take That, Holiday and the Owl Again

Good afternoon, I have not blogged for a few days as I have been on holiday. I went to London last Wednesday to see Take That at Wembley. We drove up and back got home at about 4.30 in the morning which was mad but it was worth every moment of the very long day. I have seen several live concerts including Robbie 3 times, but I have to be honest and say that this was the best I have ever seen. It was far more than just a concert, there was so much going on in the show!! I will honestly never forget that evening.
Gary Go who I had never heard of before he did a warm up for them was really good! James Morrison was as expected very very good and I am glad it was him as we had thought it may be Lady Gaga, who I like but not as much.

On Thursday I went to Cornwall for a few days with my OH and my parents, we stayed in a lovely 'villa' near Padstow and had a very lovely time. we had two days of lovely weather and the rest a bit showery (more than a bit at times LOL) but the weather didn't matter too much we just had a nice time.
Visited, Padstow, Truro, Falmouth, St Ives and Newquay, went to The Cornish Arms which is a pub which Rick Stein now has the lease on, the food was brilliant! Also had his fish and chips on our last night from his take away in Padstow, I have to say the chips were amazing but the fish was very disappointing! Still not been to his restaurant but maybe one day! LOL I doubt it!!

Anyway, I had withdrawl from crafting for the past week and so as soon as I could I had to make a card, so here's what I have put together.





Ingredients:
Square white 6x6 card blank
Stamped and embossed owl (free with July issue of Craft Stamper Magazine)
Plain Green cardstock
My Minds Eye patterned papers
Orange gemstones cardstock (in two shades)
Plain brown card (to cut branch)
Green satin ribbon
Prima flowers
papermania orange gemstones
Plastic eyes

I stamped and embossed the owl, coloured with whispers brush markers, stuck on eyes.
covered card blank with patterened and plain paper/card, cut an orange strip of card which I edged with fiskars threading water punch, layered ribbon on top of the orange strip. Cut branch freehand from plain brown card for the owl to sit on. Leaves are cut from the paper which is at the bottom of the card. flowers stuck to card and genstones added to their centers. Sentiment is from the claire Curd Signature Range sentiment set, clear embossed on the green card.

I am sure I have bored you all enough now with this post it seems a bit long, but hey ho there has been a lot going on this week.

Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to look at some of your lovely blogs, cook raost lamb and make some more cards.
Lynsey xx

1 comment:

Crystal said...

How CUTE!!! Love the colors, layout and his adorable eyes!!! Adorable card!