Sunday 17 October 2010

Christmas Two Step bird

Good evening!
Had a couple of busy days at work as I am not in again until next Wednesday now but have been dying to post this card as I am so chuffed with it.

I do love my Stampin up two step bird punch and want to try and use it for all kinds of cards. I noticed a lovely card whilst blog hoping a while back and decided this week to make something similar you can find the original here - http://annscreativemoments.com/ . Ann if you see this thanks for being the inspiration for this card and for having so much more inspiration in your blog, I hope you don't mind me recreating this!!


I have a close up of the wreath with the bird on too.
I started with a square 6x6" blank card, drew a very faint pencil circle in the centre (I drew around the lid of a small storage jar). Punched lots of leaves with the two step punch, I punched these from a piece of stripe green MME paper from bloom and grow stack. Punched a bird from Kraft card, and some very small red circles. Built up a wreath with the leaves, gluing them around the circle. Sat the bird in the leaves, added the red dots as berries and a red spotty ribbon. Punched borders added to the bottom of the card.
I am not adding a sentiment to this one as I like it as it is.
Thanks for looking!
Lynsey xx

2 comments:

coops said...

wow this is fantastic hun.love how you have done the wreath and the fab little bird :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my this wreath is amazing! Thank you for the link to your inspiration too. I love the red ribbon on the wreath, it's gorgeous! Just become a follower after finding you via Docrafts x